We've got you covered.
Medical, Vision, Dental
Unlimited Time Off
We aim high and think big. We can achieve anything we set our minds to. Roll up your sleeves, experiment without fear, and enjoy the ride.
Break Down the Walls
Keep it Win Win
Be Better Than Yesterday
We learn continuously by facing challenges that most people would run from. It makes us stronger so we can push boundaries and do our best work.
Drive the WOW Factor
Enjoy the Journey
We know that building a great company is hard work, so while we push ourselves, we make work fun so everyone enjoys the ride.
Where Do You See Yourself Fitting In?
Synapse is a fast-growing company that helps clients around the world improve the productivity of their corporate learning and development teams. Our award-winning software streamlines training intake, project planning, and content design processes to enable training teams to help more people learn and grow.
At Synapse, our values provide a strong foundation in everything we do:
- Break Down the Walls. We collaborate and communicate openly, it is who we are. Everyone can contribute and is encouraged to share their ideas.
- Keep it Win-Win. We are fair and honest. Whether it is customers, employees, or any other stakeholders, each interaction is a partnership where everyone wins.
- Be Better Than Yesterday. We learn continuously by facing challenges that most people would run from. It makes us stronger so we can push boundaries and do our best work.
- Drive the WOW Factor. We are obsessed with creating great experiences. Every decision we make offers us the opportunity to go that extra mile so the magic can happen.
- Enjoy the Journey. We know that building a great company is hard work, so while we push ourselves, we make work fun so everyone enjoys the ride.
About the Role
Synapse is looking for a Associate Software Engineer to help grow the product as we expand our capabilities and expand our engineering team. The candidate will work with a team of engineers to improve existing software and design new applications.
At Synapse, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. We are passionate about our clients and our communities, and we are especially passionate about our people. We want you to learn more, accomplish more, and succeed. We do not just care about our goals – we really care about your goals – come work with us to achieve both.
What You Will Do
- Actively participate in the software development cycle including the development of high-quality and stable software based on customer, business, and technical requirements.
- Engage with the development team in active problem solving to identify technical roadblocks and recommend solutions that can improve the direction of our technology stack.
- Help improve software engineering practices across the development team and be an advocate of a culture of quality code development including writing/maintaining technical documentation.
- Understand testing & integration methodologies (continuous integration, continuous delivery, unit vs. integration tests).
- Take technical responsibility for a solution, meaning that the code integrates, builds, can be deployed/executed with minimal required effort.
- Handle short term and long term projects concurrently and adjust on-the-fly as priorities change.
- You are a problem solver; you know how to make good decisions with limited information, and correct your course as needed.
- You are comfortable with the unknown; we are well-funded and organized, yet still have many exciting characteristics of a startup charting new paths.
- You are a self-starter; you relish the opportunity to identify needs and take action, without being explicitly told to.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust, ownership, and ethical decision-making are desribe you and your interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset; you are continually honing your craft, and keeping up with the best tools for the job.
- You are a great communicator; you are able to articulate your thoughts very clearly, with various audiences such as managers, peers, and clients.
- You are a team player; you thrive in an environment of collaboration and excited to learn from/share knowledge with fellow team members.
- Technical skills: React, Redux, Node.js, Express
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Flexible health and wellness benefits.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Virtual events and fun team activities.
- “You Days” to get offline and rest.
Flexible Remote Work Policy
At Synapse, we recognize that many team members are excited about working together again when safe to do so. However, we also recognize that other team members appreciate having a flexible work policy. So, when the time is right, we will open our offices to team members interested in working in a shared space but will continue to support remote-work environments. All team members must have access to good internet and are committed to working within EST hours.
Synapse is a fast-growing company that helps customers around the world improve the productivity of their corporate learning and development teams. Our award-winning software streamlines training intake, capacity planning, and content design processes to make training teams more digital, agile, and efficient.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to lead the successful development and implementation of the next phase of our strategy. This is a player/coach position in which you will have the opportunity to grow the product as we expand our capabilities.
The candidate will report to the CEO and own a multi-phased strategy that will require being hands-on as a contributor while also managing a small group of talented product designers and a product manager. At our next phase of growth, the candidate will be responsible to expand the product function across core features, partnerships/integrations, and growth initiatives.
What You Will Own:
- Define, plan, and manage the product strategy/roadmap informed by customers, market insights, and outcomes that drive ROI based on the experiments and decisions we make.
- Develop roadmap priorities, specifications, product acceptance, roadmap-prioritizing, and all other day-to-day tasks that provide direction for the engineering team and keep priorities on track while managing the growth of product designers and managers.
- Build a process for quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve the product to meet business objectives and provide value to customers.
- Implement product-led growth strategies in the platform to better acquire, activate, and retain customers (and report on acquisition and growth metrics).
- Serve as an SME for customers/prospect pain points (i.e., Learning & Development teams) and within the industry (i.e., competitive landscape; technology trends).
- Work closely with stakeholders across the company and with customers using a user-centric approach to uncover new opportunities, address associated risks, and recommend areas of improvement/implement best practices.
This Describes You:
- You believe in having ‘just enough’ process to scale, align, and create autonomy in a team, but that too much emphasis on the process can stifle empowerment, speed/productivity, and creativity.
- You understand and believe that success in your role as a leader is not measured by design output but by the success of the product, and that cross-functional alignment is paramount to achieve this.
- You understand best practices in product design, but also, what it takes to effectively evangelize, execute, and operationalize them across a team.
- You trust your team to get the job done and know when to get out of their way but are willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Successful track record taking a SaaS software product from start-up to scale.
- Ability to break down high-level strategy into increments that demonstrate significant value to objectives in each release.
- Ability to understand and lead technical concepts, analyze trade-offs, and evaluate solutions with stakeholders.
- Experience building, leading, and mentoring high functioning Product Teams.
- A solid sense of product-led-growth and a strong belief in user-centered design and intuitive UX.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience as a product leader in B2B SaaS.
- Competitive compensation.
- Stock options and full benefits.
- Tremendous growth opportunity.
- Intellectually stimulating environment.
- Location: Synapse is currently working remotely. When it is safe to work at an office, we plan to bring flexible office hours in Toronto.
At Synapse, we are passionate about our clients and our communities, and we are especially passionate about our people. We want you to learn more, accomplish more, and to succeed. We do not just care about our goals – we care about your goals – come work with us to achieve both.